Embracing My Motherland and My Mother’s Land

January 2019 Today there is so much emphasis on identity. Who we are, where we come from, who we want to be. Growing up I never gave a second thought to the fact that my mom was from Ireland. I would quite literally forget until a friend or someone would meet her for the first... Continue Reading →


Family Ties & (Vegetarian) Haggis Pies

Christmas & New Year 22 December 2018 - 5 January 2019 Although I wasn't in Ireland for Christmas, that didn't stop me from decorating! We pulled out the tree, which hasn't been used in at least 12 years, from the shed in the back garden, and was inhabited by (thankfully) only one, particularly sinister-looking spider.... Continue Reading →

Artistic Medium: Gingerbread

December 2018 This past month has felt so long, yet also gone by so quickly. As soon as Thanksgiving was over, I was so ready to jump into Advent/Christmas mode along with everyone else who had been throwing around Christmas carols and Christmas cups since the day after Halloween. As you've probably heard me mention... Continue Reading →


Reflecting on 2018 I was sitting in Carrie's apartment on her beanbag, like most Thursday nights of my senior year at Cornell. The girls in our bible study were starting to receive job offers, applying to grad schools, looking for places to live in new cities, and making plans for the not-so-far-off future. I felt... Continue Reading →

I Finally Got a Rain Coat

November 2018 November was surprisingly busier than December is currently turning out to be. On November 1st, without a moment to spare, the Christmas lights appeared, Carols started playing, and Christmas coffee cups made their debut. (How I feel about having a solid two months of Christmas). My job is still keeping me on my... Continue Reading →

My Everything Bagel

On November 1st, appropriately All Saints’ Day, I didn’t get a chance to say goodbye in person to my best furry friend of 11 years when he crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  When I myself was in eleven-years-old, my parents, for whatever reason, decided that we were going to adopt another dog and he/she was going... Continue Reading →

A Wee Dander Around the North

October 2018 So far I've learned that only about 20% of engineering is understanding the basic concepts and their origins, and the other 80% is simply using common sense and thinking things through. That said, I’m learning to ask a lot of questions without coming across as defiant, because either that I have something to... Continue Reading →

New Norms

September 2018 A small addition to my previous post, we had a really quiet day in the office the other day so I was able to get some photos of our little office space. While I've experienced a lot of newness this past month in relation to starting my first permanent full time job, I've... Continue Reading →

As You Do

September 2018, Part I: The Job Note: It's only in writing this that I realized how much happened in just one month. Seeing as this post is already pretty long, I'm breaking into parts (hopefully just two). I officially hit the one month mark last week at my job and holy moly I can't believe... Continue Reading →

Create a website or blog at WordPress.com

Up ↑